The Foundation offers a number of ways for individual donors to support the Museum. Contributions to the Museum Foundation are tax deductible as allowed by law and IRS regulations.
GENERAL DONATIONS: General donations may be made at any time in person at the Foundation Office located inside the Museum, by credit card on line at the Museum Foundation’s Gift Shop webpage, or by mail. Checks can be made out to AMEDD Museum Foundation Inc. Your donation can be earmarked for the Foundation’s general fund or the Capital Campaign. Click here for more information on this effort.
BECOME AN ANNUAL SUSTAINING FOUNDATION CONTRIBUTOR (ASFC): The ASFC Program creates a broad base of loyal participants who pledge to contribute annually to sustain the AMEDD Museum Foundation. This program offers a tiered approach for individuals that readily accommodates the junior Soldier, Officer, or civilian through more senior donors.
MAROON LEVEL: Donors receive a certificate and 5% discount at the Gift Shop.
- $10 Annual Gift for E1-E4, GS1-4
- $15 Annual Gift for E5-E7, GS5
- $20 Annual Gift for E8-E9, GS6
- $25 Annual Gift for WO1-O3, GS7-10
BRONZE LEVEL: Donors receive recognition in the Newsletter, and 5% discount at the Gift Shop.
$100 Annual Gift
SILVER LEVEL: Donors receive recognition in the Newsletter, and 10% discount at the Gift Shop.
$250 and above
Contact the Foundation Office at 210-226-0265 for more information or to enroll in this ASFC program.
BUY A BRICK PROGRAM:
Honor your Soldier, family member, or unit with something that endures. Your gift of a brick is an investment in the Museum and contributes to the preservation and celebration of the heritage of the American Medical Soldier. Bricks are placed in the Memorial Courtyard – a place where footsteps of the future pass over the steadfast memories of the past. Each brick displays up to two lines, twelve letters or spaces per line. Bricks can be purchased for $75 each and inscribed with names or units. Bricks can be purchased on the AMEDD Gift Shop webpage.
HONOR OR MEMORIAL GIFTS: Looking for a meaningful gift to honor or memorialize a loved one or respected colleague? A gift to the AMEDD Museum Foundation is a heartfelt way to honor someone special while supporting the AMEDD Museum.
Consider a gift to Museum Foundation for any number of reasons:
Recognition of Army Service
Personal Tributes in Memoriam
Congratulations for Promotion, Retirement, or Graduation
Celebration of Anniversary, Birthday, and Holidays
LEGACY GIVING: Many people like to leave a gift through their will or trust to support a cause important to them. With a Legacy Gift you can help the Museum Foundation do what we do today even better tomorrow!
Legacy or planned giving may be defined simply as making a provision in one’s estate to support the Museum through the Museum Foundation. If you want to support the Museum beyond your lifetime, including the Museum in your estate plans is a way for you to direct your assets and meet your desire to support a cause that has been important to you and your family. The Foundation is grateful for all types of gifts and welcomes the opportunity to work with you to determine if one or more planned giving arrangements are appropriate for you.
To request Planned Giving information, please contact the Foundation at 210-226-0265 or email@example.com If you have already included the Museum Foundation in your estate plans, let us thank you and welcome you into our Legacy Society.
There are several ways to make a legacy/planned gift.
- Gifts by Will or Trust: Name the Foundation in your will through a bequest provision.
- Qualified Retirement Plans: Designate the Foundation as a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets.
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Donors over the age of 70 who are require to take mandatory disbursements from their IRA can avoid income tax when portions of those disbursements are designated to go directly to charitable organizations. Check with your IRA manager on exactly how to do this.
- Gifts of Securities: Transfer stock to the Foundation.
- Gifts by Life Insurance: Designate the Foundation as owner/beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Create a trust that provides a fixed or variable income to meet your specific needs, at the termination of which all remaining assets are passed to the Foundation.
- Retained Life Estate: Give a remainder interest in your personal residence, farm, or vacation home to the Foundation.
In addition to monetary gifts, we welcome the donation of your time and talents-see our Volunteer page for more opportunities to assist our mission.
Additionally, if you have medical artifacts that you believe may be of special interest to the Museum, please contact the Museum Office at 210-221-6358.